What is this?! Mallory is actually making a post?!? Sorry I’ve been absent lately, but full time work and full time school has been leaving me basically no free time. I haven’t been doing much reading at all unfortunately. But this weekend I plan to utilize my time a lot better and get some reading done!
I’m going to be working on two books this weekend. First is Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (click here to find it on Goodreads). I bought this when I went to Munro’s Book Store in Victoria last summer so it’s about time I finally get to this one. Plus I really want to watch the Studio Ghibli film and I won’t let myself until I read it!
And second one I’ll be starting is The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger (click here to find it on Goodreads). This is our discussion book of the month and I’m super excited about this.
What are your plans for the weekend? Are you reading or do you have other things on the go? Let me know in the comments!
Nothing quite like getting a long weekend! I have four days off so I plan on doing lots of reading, blogging and planning, my favorite things.
This weekend I am going to be continuing The Mine by John A. Heldt (click here to find it on Goodreads). This is one of our review books for the month sent to us by the author. I am about 33 chapters in and REALLY enjoying it. I read this every night before I go to bed and I read until I literally cannot keep my eyes open anymore. I hope to finish tomorrow and then I am going to continue on with Stay Out of the Basement by R.L. Stine (click here to find it on Goodreads).
Let me know what you guys are reading this weekend or if you have any recommendations for me!
So December was a bust for me, as it always is. The holidays get me in a reading funk and I get nothing accomplished! Especially this year as I hosted my entire family. I really haven’t read anything since the middle of December. So I’m going to make a small TBR to try and get me back into the reading mood!
1. The Mine by John A. Heldt. We were contacted by the author himself and this book sounds really interesting! I can’t wait to start it.
2. Embrace the Suck by Stephen Madden. This is a nonfiction about a guy that does crossfit. It sounds super intriguing and fitness is my other passion, so I want to get more into fitness and health books.
3. Poser: My Life In Twenty-Three Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer. Again another fitness themed book!
4. Stay Out of the Basement by R.L. Stine. This is the second Goosebumps book and I adore these. They bring me back to being a kid and getting scared by these stories.
5. Dark Legend: The Supernatural Chronicles by R.A. Renee. Another review book that sounds really great!
6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. This is my book club book of the month.
Those are the books I have planned for sure. Later in the month I am starting school plus will be working, so I won’t have much time for reading. I’m going to try and make the most of it before then!
NOVEMBER WRAP UP
1. This is Sarah by Ally Malinenko ★★★★
2. Frozen (Heart of Dread 1) by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston ★★★★
3. Storm Siren by Mary Weber ★★★★
4. The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles 1) by Mary E. Pearson ★★★★★
5. Since Forever Ago by Olivia Besse ★★★
6. Ivresse by Catherine McKenzie ★★★★
7. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover ★★★★★
8. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken ★★★★★
9. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★★
I am actually quite proud with what I have read, considering that I read absolutely nothing during 2 weeks of November due to a crazy amount of school work. This week is my last week of uni classes and then i’ll be jumping into the exam period. I always tell myself that at least during the two week exam period I am mostly home and reading breaks can totally be necessary when it comes to getting away from all of that studying. Did I mention that I am pumped for christmas break and plan on spending quality time relaxing with my books? It’s so exciting!
I’m not making a huge TBR this month. I do want to read a ton, but I think i’m going to spend the last month of 2014 reading whatever I feel like.
1. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by various authors. (Discussion book of the month!)
2. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Finally came in the mail. This was on last months TBR too!)
3. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
4. Captivated by You by Sylvia Day
5. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Reading and Reviewing with Mallory)
I would love to hear what you plan on reading this DECEMBER 🙂
Well I don’t feel like I read very much in November at all. I had a busy month and I switched jobs. My plan in December is to make more time for reading, especially since I’ll be getting quite a bit of time off for Christmas.
So on to the wrap up. I read a total of nine books this month.
1. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★
I found myself getting lost throughout this a lot. Definitely nowhere near as good as the first book.
2. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson ★★★★★
Probably my favorite book of the month. Loved loved loved it. We have already posted our discussion on this book and you can find that here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/book-discussion-the-kiss-of-deception-by-mary-e-pearson/
3. Redwall by Brian Jacques ★★★★
Loved this book. I have already posted my review and you can find that here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/book-review-redwall-by-brian-jacques/
4. This is Sarah by Ally Malinenko ★★★★
Maria and I received this from the author herself and we have already posted our review. Check that out here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/book-review-this-is-sarah-by-ally-malinenko/
5. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover ★★★★★
Adored this book. We have a discussion coming up for this one sometime next week so be sure to check that out.
6. The Lake of Souls by Darren Shan ★★★★★
The 10th book in the Saga of Darren Shan series. This series is so great. I have a full series review coming up within the next few days.
7. The Lord of Shadows by Darren Shan ★★★★★
The 11th book in the Saga of Darren Shan series. Just as good as the rest.
8. The Sons of Destiny by Darren Shan ★★★★★
The 12th and final book in the Saga of Darren Shan. Definitely not how I was expecting the series to end but loved it. I’m now sad that it is over. Be sure to checkout my series review within the next couple days.
9. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss ★★★★★
Obviously this deserves five stars. So adorable and now I want to watch the movie again!
Okay so for December I made quite a large TBR, as always. Depending on how much time I have I might switch things up but we will see as the month goes on how I feel.
1. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by various authors. This is our discussion book of the month.
2. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I’m currently reading this and it is my book clubs choice of the month.
3. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Starting this one AS SOON as I finish my current read.
4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Carrying this over from November.
5. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson. I want to read this with my sister on Christmas Eve. She doesn’t know that yet though.
6. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. Have already read this before but The Grinch is my all time favorite Christmas story/movie.
7. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.
8. Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World by Brian Lee O’Malley.
9. Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness by Brian Lee O’Malley.
10. A Grimm Warning by Chris Colfer.
11. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman.
12. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman.
13. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
14. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
15. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.
16. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
17. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.
So as you can see I have some super easy reads on there that shouldn’t take long at all. So I’m going to try and make my way through the TBR as much as I can. I always find myself slacking each December but we will see how this one goes.