Is it seriously November already? Where has this year gone? It’s so hard to believe our blog has already been up and running for four months now. It seriously does not feel like it has been that long at all.
In the month of October I ended up reading quite a few books. I’m really happy with how much I got done considering the busy month that I had.
So on to the books I finished this month. In total I read 14 books.
1. Soppy: A Love Story by Philippa Rice ★★★★★
Probably one of the cutest graphic novels I have ever read. Loved every little bit of this. Mine and Maria’s review of this one will be up tomorrow.
2. The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer ★★★★★
My review has already been done and you can find that here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/book-review-the-enchantress-returns-by-chris-colfer/
3. When War Calls by Zy J. Rykoa ★★★
Both me and Maria have reviewed this and it can be found here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/book-review-when-war-calls-by-zy-j-rykoa/
4. The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty ★★★
I read this for book club and I already forget most of what happened. The story was interesting but not delivered as well as it could have been. I think the multiple perspectives threw me off a little too much.
5. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman ★★★★★
Both me and Maria have review this and it can be found here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/book-review-the-graveyard-book-by-neil-gaiman/
6. The Merciless by Danielle Vega ★★★
Both me and Maria have review this and it can be found here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/book-review-the-merciless-by-danielle-vega/
7. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami ★★★★
This was my second Murakami novel and I am working on completing a full review. Hope to have it up in a couple weeks.
8. Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter ★★★
Maria and I finally finished this series and we might do a full series review, so be on the look out for that in the next couple weeks.
9. Storm Siren by Mary Weber ★★★
We received this book from Netgalley. Maria is going to try and read it this month and once she does we will have our full review up then.
10. Killers of the Dawn by Darren Shan ★★★★★
Still continues to be one of my favorite series. As soon as I finish the series I will do a complete series review.
11. The Death Cure by James Dashner ★★★★
I can’t believe this series has ended. Why oh why couldn’t it have been more than three books? Absolutely love this series and I think everyone should read it! I was scared that this last book wouldn’t live up to my expectations but I was happy with the outcome.
12. Frozen by Melissa De La Cruz & Michael Johnston ★★★★
Another book from Netgalley. I really enjoyed this one and I can’t wait for Maria to finish so we can put our review up!
13. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan ★★★
Nothing at all like I thought it was going to be. I felt very confused at times and the story was a little weird. Still a very interesting concept though.
14. Where She Went by Gayle Forman ★★★★★
I may have liked this better than If I Stay. Absolutely fantastic. Gayle Forman is definitely in my top favorite authors. She certainly has a way with words.
Now on to the books I plan to read in November. I made a very long list again.. oops. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish quite a few of these.
1. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. This is my book clubs choice of the month.
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Time to see what all the fuss is about with this series.
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. This has been on my TBR so many times, I just want to read it already!
4. Stargazer by Claudia Gray. I read the first book so long ago, it’s finally time I get to more of the series.
5. The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory. This is something I am just craving right now.
6. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. I am currently reading this one.
7. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris. The fourth in the series, just wanting something fun.
8. Redwall by Brian Jacques. I own so many in this series it is time to finally start it.
9. Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Bought this while I was on vacation in Victoria and I can’t wait to dive into this one!
10. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I have sort of started this one before but am going to restart it.
11. Enchanted by Alethea Kontis.
12. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead.
13. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Reading this with Maria.
14. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. Reading this with Maria, Marissa and Mackenzie.
15. The Swallow by Charis Cotter.
I think there are a few more that I am missing, but I can’t seem to think of them right now.
So I’ve got a lot of reading I want to do this month. Better finish up this post and get to it!