Maria’s storm day reads:
Storm days are perfect for curling up in your warmest Christmas blanket and getting lost in a great book!
When it’s freezing out, and snowing, and you don’t want to leave your house at all, I suggest picking a book that is short enough to finish in 24 hours (or at least that you will be able to read a big chunk of).
Old favorites are always great for stormy days as well. Maybe you’ve been meaning to re-read a some Harry Potter, maybe it’s been so long that you’ve started forgetting things that happened in the hunger games series, maybe you’ve been craving to pick up your favorite childhood read…
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. (yeah I wasn’t kidding. I actually have forgotten quite a bit…)
2. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate (I think this would be a really great middle-grade read)
3. Shadows (Lux #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (novellas are also fast storm-day reads!)
4. Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover (an other novella that I will be reading very soon)
Mallory’s storm day reads:
Okay so I went a little different route than Maria. When I think of storm days I want those huge chunky books that I can escape into for hours and not worry about anything else around me.
1. A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. These books are beasts but once you start you can’t stop. You will seriously want a few full days for these books.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Not only this but the whole series is just so warming and adorable. I read this a stormy night in November while missing my boyfriend and it did the trick taking my mind off things.
3. The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Because if you haven’t heard of Daemon Black yet, what’s wrong with you?
4. The Tiger’s Saga by Colleen Houck. Because not one hot man, but two! Mm.
5. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. Because what was I just saying about hot men? Mmmm.
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Rowell is the queen of feel good, cute, fluffy and light hearted reads. Her books will keep you smiling.
7. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. This is probably in my top three favorite books of ALL TIME. Such a great story and take on zombies. Go read it!
8. The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. This is as equally amazing as The Song of Ice and Fire series. A high fantasy that will keep you on your toes and intrigued from beginning to end.
9. The Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer. Because not one hot man, not two hot men, but four! Oh boy, swoons all around.
10. The Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard. Because honestly, these are so damn addicting and quick to read, you are going to want to binge read the entire series.
We hope you enjoyed our choices! Let us know what your storm day reads would be!