Well I don’t feel like I read very much in November at all. I had a busy month and I switched jobs. My plan in December is to make more time for reading, especially since I’ll be getting quite a bit of time off for Christmas.
So on to the wrap up. I read a total of nine books this month.
1. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★
I found myself getting lost throughout this a lot. Definitely nowhere near as good as the first book.
2. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson ★★★★★
Probably my favorite book of the month. Loved loved loved it. We have already posted our discussion on this book and you can find that here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/book-discussion-the-kiss-of-deception-by-mary-e-pearson/
3. Redwall by Brian Jacques ★★★★
Loved this book. I have already posted my review and you can find that here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/book-review-redwall-by-brian-jacques/
4. This is Sarah by Ally Malinenko ★★★★
Maria and I received this from the author herself and we have already posted our review. Check that out here: https://readsbymandm.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/book-review-this-is-sarah-by-ally-malinenko/
5. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover ★★★★★
Adored this book. We have a discussion coming up for this one sometime next week so be sure to check that out.
6. The Lake of Souls by Darren Shan ★★★★★
The 10th book in the Saga of Darren Shan series. This series is so great. I have a full series review coming up within the next few days.
7. The Lord of Shadows by Darren Shan ★★★★★
The 11th book in the Saga of Darren Shan series. Just as good as the rest.
8. The Sons of Destiny by Darren Shan ★★★★★
The 12th and final book in the Saga of Darren Shan. Definitely not how I was expecting the series to end but loved it. I’m now sad that it is over. Be sure to checkout my series review within the next couple days.
9. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss ★★★★★
Obviously this deserves five stars. So adorable and now I want to watch the movie again!
Okay so for December I made quite a large TBR, as always. Depending on how much time I have I might switch things up but we will see as the month goes on how I feel.
1. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by various authors. This is our discussion book of the month.
2. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I’m currently reading this and it is my book clubs choice of the month.
3. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Starting this one AS SOON as I finish my current read.
4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Carrying this over from November.
5. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson. I want to read this with my sister on Christmas Eve. She doesn’t know that yet though.
6. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. Have already read this before but The Grinch is my all time favorite Christmas story/movie.
7. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.
8. Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World by Brian Lee O’Malley.
9. Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness by Brian Lee O’Malley.
10. A Grimm Warning by Chris Colfer.
11. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman.
12. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman.
13. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
14. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
15. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.
16. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
17. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.
So as you can see I have some super easy reads on there that shouldn’t take long at all. So I’m going to try and make my way through the TBR as much as I can. I always find myself slacking each December but we will see how this one goes.